Most of us are in lockdown. Yoga studios in the Netherlands had to close their doors. Today’s situation might seem hopeless, but I believe you can survive and thrive in these times of crisis.
What if your business could grow today? When everyone else is curled up watching the news on their couch. I believe this is the time to build a digital business. This is the time to diversify and digitise your knowledge and skills. Even in the future, when everything is opens up again, you can still have that online revenue stream. Your business will come out of this crisis 10x stronger.
The first step in taking your business online is trying it out. It's the only way for you to test what works and what doesn't. So I wrote a quick guide for you to set that up.
Note: We are going to use Zoom for this example. The free version of Zoom only allows for a maximum of 40 minutes for each livestream. See here for more information on pricing.
Step 1 • Create a Live stream class in Blossom
Once you are logged into Blossom. Click on "Classes", and navigate to the "Live stream tab". Here we can start creating a new livestream by clicking on the "New Live stream" button.
Here we can add all the usual information. Save the class once you're done.
Step 2 • Schedule your class
Once you have created your class, its time to schedule it in your calendar. This is done in the regular way you would schedule a class. The only difference being that we need to add a unique streaming link (URL). This link will be provided to you by Zoom.
Step 3 • Signup for a free Zoom account
Head over to https://zoom.us/ and click on the Signup button in the top right corner.
Step 4 • Create your online yoga class in Zoom
Create a new online class by clicking on "schedule a meeting". Enter all the appropriate information. Make sure you have set the correct date, time and duration.
Once you confirmed the first screen, make sure you copy the "Join URL". We need this link (URL) to put into Blossom.
Note: You must create a unique New meeting link for each class you are hosting. This is to ensure that you can see how many users joined your livestream, and can be appropriately compensated.
Step 5 • Update your schedule in Blossom
Once you have your streaming link, the last step you need to take is to update your schedule. Head over to Blossom. Click on "Schedule" and click on the appropriate class.
In order to add the link (URL), click on "add streaming info". This will prompt a modal where you can add your Zoom URL and give your clients instruction on how to join the class. This description should include:
- Equipment needed
- Space needed
- Type of video conferencing service (Zoom in this case)
- How to prepare for class
- What to expect from this livestream class
- Password to join (if you have set this in Zoom)
Streaming tips / Best practices
- Setup your camera / webcam / computer. A good frame with the appropriate lightning make a huge difference when it comes down to capturing video. Make sure you, as a teacher, are in frame so your students can see what is going on.
- Be sure to include information on user privacy settings in your class description (cameras and volume being on, name being displayed, and any other information being revealed to attendees). You must also notify your attendees that they cannot record the class.
- Add a unique link (URL) Be sure to add a unique URL for each class on Blossom to ensure attendees are being accurately counted.
- Sound check. Test your camera and microphone prior to your first class, to ensure your instructors can be seen and heard clearly.
- Have fun! Don’t take yourself too seriously. These moments should feel authentic to you and your experience. These are tense times, a touch of humor never hurts!
Thats it! That wasn't so hard was it? You can sign up for Blossom and start live streaming today!. It's free to try, without having to use a credit card. No strings attached, we promise.
Or reach out to our team if you have any questions regarding this.
A setback has often cleared the way for greater prosperity
– Team Blossom